Root Apps for Yes 4G Eclipse

So you have rooted your Eclipse. Great, now what can you do with it?

Again, please do the below items at your own risk. Playing around with the system folders of your phone is highly risky and I will not be held responsible if you break your phone!

OK, so I originally wanted to overclock it, but after trying out various software including SetCPU, I realized the sad fact that the Eclipse only allows underclocking. :( Now what's the fun of that?

So what else can you do with it?

The most useful thing I can do with a rooted Eclipse which I have done is to remove the stock apps. I have removed the Smartpal Keyboard and Twitdroid which I don't have use for. You can also remove and replace the stock Facebook, Gmail, etc. apps with updated ones to save precious space on your phone. To remove a ROM app, you can use some free apps like Root Uninstaller or SystemApp Remover or Titanium Backup (free version). However, to replace the app with an updated version on your ROM, you will need Titanium Backup Pro or Root Explorer which are paid apps. For Root Explorer, the process will be to delete the app from system/app folder and move the updated app .apk file from data/app folder to system/app folder. But make sure that the file name which you are copying from the data/app folder is the same as the original one you deleted from system/app folder.

The second thing I can think of using a rooted Eclipse is to take screenshots with it. I have tried various screenshot apps, and almost all gave an ugly red tint. However, there is one app simply called "screenshot" which is able to give the color correctly, but unfortunately the app is not as user friendly as the other better free apps out there.

Another thing we can do is to control which apps to startup on your phone. There is an app called SystemTuner which I have used to do it.

I've also tried to use Facebook Home on the Eclipse with the hacked version, but unfortunately, it does not work.

So there, these are stuff that I have tried and I will let you decide if they are worth rooting your phone. Drop me a comment if you find any other interesting thing you can do with your rooted phone which I may not be aware of. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts