Can't Uninstall Zune? I found the best FREE solution

I installed Zune to test a Nokia 610 a few months ago.

I decided I don't need it anymore, but Microsoft decided otherwise. No matter how many times I clicked uninstall from the Programs and Features under Control Panel, it just says "Successfully uninstalled" but the app just says put.

Googling for the anwser, I have tried the following:


  1. Freeware Revo Uninstaller - it couldn't detect the uninstaller at all
  2. UnZoone - didn't work, probably because it does work with Zune version 4
  3. Special Uninstaller - it detected all the registry related to Zune, but I can't clean 'em unless I pay for the software. Being cheap, I tried looking for more solutions.

But the one that really did the trick for me was Geekuninstaller!

Just run the geek.exe file in the zip file, look for Zune, right click and press Force Uninstall.

I've removed my Zune, so this is just an example of how I did it
There will be a confirmation dialog box, and later a window with list of files and registry found. Just click "Finish".

Once done, you Zune is out of your PC, forever. Enjoy uninstalling any stubborn apps with Geekuninstaller! It's totally free, but you can support them by going pro which has a few additional features. :)


Comments

Popular Posts