The Case of the Mysterious Balls Falling Out of My Macbook!


It was a dark and stormy night... suddenly, little mysterious balls dropped out of my Macbook!

This is the worst mystery story ever written, but it was certainly strange for me and it stumped me for three days!
Are they Macbook eggs?!
Where did these little balls come from? The seem to be coming out of my DVD slot, but what could they be? Did other Macbook users have this same problem? A quick Google search (keywords used: "transparent plastic balls dropping out of macbook") gave me this one result: Small plastic spheres falling out of...: Apple Support Communities.

So, it seems I am not alone. But strangely, there is only one other case recorded in Google. How odd. And the person who started the thread, never got his answer.

My friends on Facebook offered a few advise, ranging from Macbook eggs that will hatch iPod Nanos (how I wish!), to opening up the thing and silica gel.

Now, it did look like silica gel to me, so I opened up the Macbook and found a couple dropping out. So where can they be hiding? The most apparent is inside the DVD bay, as I shook my Macbook and I hear one more ball rattling inside. But I had no way of cracking the bay open.

Then the AHA moment came when another friend suggested I checked my bag. I don't remember putting any silica gel in it, BUT since this is a quite a new bag, perhaps there was some placed inside by the manufacturer. And lo and behold, I found a broken sachet of silica gel and a whole lot more Macbook eggs inside my bag.

Case close. Mystery solved. Worst mystery story ever written.


Comments

Popular Posts