How to Maximize Your Window Properly on Your Mac Like Windows

I love MacOS. But there are a handful of things Windows do better for me.

You know these little three buttons on the top left of ever window in Mac:


The first two does the same thing as Windows. Close and Minimize. But the green + button doesn't always maximize a window. Most of the time, it just widens a window in some unpredictable manner.  This is one of those mysteries I cannot figure out about why Jobs allowed it to be so.

After two years of mostly ignoring this button, I found that I can actually make the button behave just like Windows.



Do it like Windows. 

Yes, I've been looking to do this for a long time. And now, you can enjoy this "Windows-exclusive" feature too! Go to http://www.blazingtools.com/right_zoom_mac.html and download this very useful tool for free!

I'm using Mavericks and it works for me. Tried it on Finder and Microsoft Word and they now behave as I expected them to when maximized. Yeah.


Comments

Popular Posts