Best Apple Mac Service Center in Kuala Lumpur

You know, buying a Mac may be expensive to start, but they really do last longer than any Windows machine. My white MacBook (the last of it's kind) was made in mid 2010 and still runs smooth like butter with the latest Mavericks OS (10.9.1). I did of course upgrade the RAM from 2GB to 8GB and changed my HDD to an SDD, but apart from that nothing else. My office Dell machine of the same era is now as good as dead and the HP laptop that replaced it is also super sluggish (but has much higher spec than my Macbook).

But, after almost 4 years, you will bound to find trouble. Mine was that the back cover of my Macbook has been peeling off real bad. I started to look for one on eBay and they are mostly used and cost quite a bit. Then I stumbled on the MacBook Bottom Case Replacement Program. Say what? Apple will replace my MacBook back case for free as long as it's less than 4 years old? Really? I was blown away. This is seriously what I call quality service.



Next thing I needed to do was to looking for a good Apple or Mac service center in Kuala Lumpur. I started by going to the Machines in KLCC to see if they would do it. Yes, they would actually, but they need to keep my MacBook for 5 to 10 working days. I decided to hunt for another that would do it for a shorter time. I remembered my colleagues going to this place in Kuala Lumpur at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng as it was highly recommended, so I went there. The place is called VR Technology in Megan Avenue 2. It's located on the ground floor of block B (unit B-0-7) which you really can't miss as it faces the main road near the fountain area.

Reception area


The staff are nice and friendly, although when I was there, the guy at the counter was new and did not know that Apple had this replacement program and wanted to charge me RM60 for putting my MacBook there as a standard fee for out of warranty devices. Good thing I made a call earlier and an engineer must have picked up my call and told me that they do have this replacement program for free.
Service price list

Anyway, I finally cleared things up and asked how long I needed to leave my MacBook there. They said 3 to 5 working days, which is half the time Machines would have done. So I left it there.

Within a few hours, an engineer called me to tell me that they have made some standard diagnosis on my MacBook and found that my battery has some issues. I knew about it so I told him to ignore the problem and just concentrate on fixing my back cover. He proceeded to tell me that they need to order  the part from Singapore and it would take a couple of days (if no issues with the customs).

The day I sent my MacBook was Thursday evening, and the day I got my call to collect my MacBook back was Tuesday afternoon. I am impressed by the speed of the service!

Free service. Wow.
As good as new!



All in all, I am really impressed by how Apple treats their customers and I highly recommend VR Technology for all your Mac or iDevice servicing based on my experience there today.

Comments

  1. gonna try it next month when back in KL and will you know....cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dude, so I was looking up where is a good place to service my Mac. And.. I noticed this article is dated back to 2014. And your comment 4 months ago. So I'm curious, did you send it in for service at VR? If you did, how was the service?

      Delete
  2. Sent my macbook because the keypad wasnt working. Got it back perfect but after about a month my iOS went missing, my battery gone dead and my touchpad came off. Not sending it there again as I have trust issues with them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts