iPad Mini Retina GPS having issue with iOS 7.1.1 update!

UPDATE: I just got my iPad mini retina (WiFi only) about a week ago and never knew that it doesn't come with GPS built-in. Only the cellular version does. Yeah, so much for being a tech geek. Anyway, apparently the location detection that I have been getting on my Waze when tethering on my iPhone is not accurate. Now, upgrading to iOS 7.1.1 some how caused the location info from my iPhone to totally stop updating when tethering. On iOS 7.1 this happened once in awhile which was not apparent enough for me to notice. 

So what is the moral of the story? If you want to use an iPad WiFi only to use Waze, better get the cellular version. 

**** original article here ****

GAH! I can't believe it! Updating my iOS 7.1.1 from 7.1 made my iPad Mini Retina (WiFi version) GPS go wonky! None of my navigation apps works. Apparently it will detect my location correctly the moment an app like Waze opens, but it cannot perform any navigation. It will keep saying GPS not detected, although my iPhone could. I tried everything, from tweaking every setting to restoring the iPad from a fresh install. I've never been so disappointed with Apple before. Checking online, I only found one instance of this issue, where an iPhone 5s user had the same issue but he had to restore the phone twice before it worked.

Finally, I decided to downgrade it back to iOS 7.1 instead of restoring it again to 7.1.1, before the window which Apple allows downgrades closes. And guess what? It works now. GAH!

If you had GPS trouble with iOS 7.1.1, and you DID NOT downgrade your iPad/iPhone to fix it, do let me know in your comment how you did it. Coz Google sure didn't help me. :(


Comments

Popular Posts