Defishing your Fisheye Lens with Adobe Lightroom

This is the second part of my fisheye lens defishing series.

I have been using PTLens for my defishing needs so far, and it works great. However, it is really cumbersome since I have to switch applications to do this. Is there a way I could use Lightroom to do it directly?

Well, apparently there is!

This is the original straight from the camera

Which outcome do you prefer?

Below are two photos, one defished using PT Lens and the other using Adobe Lightroom. I tried to make both as close as possible. Can you tell the difference?




I am guessing it's really hard! So how did I defish the Samyang 8mm f2.8 with Adobe Lightroom?


  1. Go to Lens Correction
  2. Select Lens Profile
  3. Select Make: Sigma
  4. Select Model: Sigma DG 8mm f3.5 EX
  5. Change Distortion amount to 80




Viola! No more editing using external software! The photos are automatically cropped and saves me lots of time. 

So back to the original question. The first picture was created using Lightroom while the second using PT Lens. I am still waiting to get my hands on the Fujifilm 10-24mm f4 to pit it against my el-cheapo defished ultrawide photos to see just exactly how wide and how good defishing is. Oh Fujifilm Malaysia, can you loan me one to review???

Learn a new trick and support me! :)

Comments

  1. Useful post, thanks. Perhaps worth noting that if you want to straighten the horizon without making the people lean over, you can use Photoshop's warp filter, at the cost of some cropping in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts