Tamron Adaptall-2 24mm f2.5 01BB Review


The 24mm is one of the smallest Adaptall lens, and the second widest (the widest being the 17mm f3.5). It is supposed sharper than it's cheaper and more widely available 28mm f2.5 sibling. The one I have is the second generation lens, but I think it looks better than the original one. I fitted it on my Spotmatic and it just looks handsome on it!


What a good looking combination. Shot with my Fujifilm X-M1 on the XF35 lens.




The lens is not an SP (or Super Performance) lens, but I find that it is as good as those.

The lens strong points is shooting close-ups wide open, with pretty good bokeh, and the photos are actually sharper than if you take a subject further. But the image quality gets much better from f5.6 to f8. Typical of Adaptall lenses chromatic aberrations (CA) are common especially at harsh back-lighting.

Taken at f8.

Taken wide open. Notice how the morning glory stigma is sharp.

Taken wide open.

Notice how the lens looses contrast when there is stronger backlighting


I did tweak this photo a little, but the result was very good to me. Taken at f7.1.

Taken wide open.



Here is the original article which this mini review came from.

Comments

Popular Posts